It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:21 am
Change font size

HiRez and their terrible ban policies

General tribes talk

Postby SANIC420 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:46 am

Here's an email conversation between me and HiRezAPC, so they've banned all my accounts + IP for hacking/cheating despite me doing nothing of the sort (IN TRUE HIREZ FASHION).

The biggest lel is that faggots like Tripwire and SpaceCadet can go around hacking and Prolyfic can be a cunt with his magicChain injector but I get banned for using absolutely nothing.

(read bottom to top)

Personally I don't understand how they could hire a programmer so retarded that the antihack doesn't stop hacks and instead bans people for false positives...

I'm leaving, but if you find yourself in the same position at some point later then don't say I didn't warn ya.

Peace :monkey:

Mod Edit: Taking the personal attacks towards APC out, venting your frustration is fine lashing out like that is not. Do it again and the tanz anti cheat system will also ban you from here.
SANIC420
newblood

Postby Lambda » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:09 am

Mopsy sympathizer, No #1 Bitching HoF AU, Harassing sentinels IRL (Sorry Marc).
Lambda
legionary

Postby Zooster » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:19 am

fucking hirez
baby: seen this black bitch with a bottle of grape soda picking cig butts off the ground lol i fuck you nope

he be outin' - mqt
Zooster
sworn sword

Postby spsdose » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:18 am

you've been banned because you've fucked with the game in a way you weren't meant to
get over it, game is dead anyway
spsdose
newblood

Postby XU1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:15 am

Lol what a joke. I played a few pugs and pubs with this dude in the last few weeks and there is no chance in hell he hacked. He was getting involved in pugs and keeping the pug scene alive.. Now he is banned.
Fuckin hirez.

It's a dead game anyways so why would they still ban people. Dumb dumbs
aka X00EY

XU1
avenger

Postby gaz » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:41 am

The annoying thing about this is that their "we don't want to give hackers clues on how to beat our cheat detection" excuse is ridiculous. They clearly can't stop the hackers (just look at dodge ;) ) and are only preventing us from identifying what might be triggering false positives. Maybe if we as a community can make it clear that nobody here thinks Karan is hacking we can get APC to reconsider. A poll maybe? idk
Bruxsky: "Can Dose do something?...nope."
gaz

Postby XU1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:46 am

Well since he plays pubs and pugs flatout, I say we make a poll.
Yea, he can be a little fuckwit in chat but go here seriously gives a fuk about dat? No one :)
UNBAN thnx
aka X00EY

XU1
avenger

Postby slipperyfish » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:13 am

Just because he wasn't using hacks, doesn't mean he didn't want to try using magic chain or something like everyone is doing. Obviously he's not going to admit to this.
If you say downloaded the old magic chain .dll you would get ip banned straight away. Seems a bit harsh though
slipperyfish
newblood

Postby spsdose » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 pm

slipperyfish wrote:Just because he wasn't using hacks, doesn't mean he didn't want to try using magic chain or something like everyone is doing. Obviously he's not going to admit to this.
If you say downloaded the old magic chain .dll you would get ip banned straight away.

exactly
if you're not fucking with the game and/or seeking an advantage over others you won't get banned. simple as that really
spsdose
newblood

Postby mcoot » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:14 pm

I dunno if it's that simple though. As far as I know, Karan hasn't actually ever used MagicChain, 0 Ping Colt, or injectors full stop.

In this case, it's quite likely that he was unlucky enough to have some process running with a name that HiRez Anti-Cheat (TM) thought was a hack.

This isn't a case where "if you do nothing wrong you won't get banned". It's a case of "if you're lucky and Anti-Cheat doesn't decide to chuck a tantrum you won't get banned".

This, of course, is made even better by the fact that Anti-Cheat doesn't even ban hackers. I have yet to see an actual hacker get one of these sorts of bans.

So yeah, it's a joke. APC's response is a joke. Labelling their support "customer service" rather than something more appropriate like "email us for a personalised fuck you message service" is a joke.
"I didn't mean to do it. It just happened. It's like a pregnancy. It just happened, one night." - Greenishmilk

mcoot
ghost

Postby kiwiengineer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:21 pm

mcoot wrote:So yeah, it's a joke. APC's response is a joke. Labelling their support "customer service" rather than something more appropriate like "email us for a personalised fuck you message service" is a joke.

Hi-Rez is a joke, and even if you get enough people who actually give two shits about karan to vote in a poll, nothing will happen. They have more important things to spend their time on, like burning through Smite as fast as possible!
kiwiengineer
sworn sword

Postby westyy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Only thing left to do is boycott to be honest.
Personally I know Sanic is known to stir the shitpot a bit but from experience playing with him, he doesn't hack. Regardless of using magic chain or not; he is a legitimate player.
I just think its plain old selfish to ban someone who after contact with HiRez and by using delicate yet responsible words to APC, doesnt at least remove the IP ban and give him just a fair warning with the ability to make a new account to "redeem" himself to the least.

Hell even I'm suprised that my account hasn't been banned due to the use of Flawless Widescreen for greater FOV. People still haven't learnt how useful this tool would be for snipers as you can invert the FOV so that snipers can zoom in finitely further.

(Heaps just let you guys in my secret for the past year lel even though I don't even snipe)

I'm happy to parade Reddit with anti-ban threads for Karans sake in order to abolish HiRez's retarded anti-cheat policy and lack of shitty service.
westyy

Postby shik » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Nothing happened with dodge and nothing will happen with this. I'm yet to a see a single real hacker banned.

What's wrong with magic chain though? It doesn't give you an advantage, it just puts high ping players on a more even level. I tested it on different account and it was pretty useless with my 40 ping.

At this point i swear they're being intentional and just want as all to quit so they can take down servers
shik
fusor

Postby gaz » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:18 pm

The pessimists are probably right in this case. I just think that you should at least get a proper explanation of what specifically you were banned for. As I've said, their excuse for not telling makes no sense as hackers circumvent their autoban easily.

Even if they aren't planning to overturn their ban, you could at least offer a reasonable explanation of what could be causing the false positive and maybe, just maybe they could look at actually fixing their shit so it doesn't trigger again.

(lol LowRez fix something, can't read that with a straight face :p)
Bruxsky: "Can Dose do something?...nope."
gaz

Postby mcoot » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:23 pm

The chances of getting anything reversed are slim to none. If they weren't willing to unban Dodge the week after they featured his montage on their Facebook page they're not going to do anything for anyone else.

That said, I suspect if you got to the bottom of what Anti-Cheat was detecting, you could probably circumvent the ban (it probably isn't an IP ban since you were able to play for a short while on your accounts), with a new account o/c.

Of course, we don't know what was causing the ban, since HiRez don't want to give up their super-secret high tech cheat tracking mechanisms.
"I didn't mean to do it. It just happened. It's like a pregnancy. It just happened, one night." - Greenishmilk

mcoot
ghost

Postby Dodge69 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:31 pm

The colt gives you an advantage, magic chain just helps by showing you were your bullets are in relation to the server but doesn't spawn them to far for it to actually benefit you in some situations.
The colt thing I'd consider a hack in it's current form, I tell people not to use it on my server and they usually change out.
These dll's are trying to fix issues within the game that hi-rez created themselves, as for accusing Karen of these, his ping is to low to really benefit from either. He was banned mid-game while he was moving around, why would a capper need hacks anyway?
APC could just look at marty's server ban list and that would remove most hackers in aus, an IP ban doesn't do shit so it's pretty retarded even using that as a method. I'd like to see some MAC address banning(when it is 100% a hack, not false positive).
I could tell them how to get passed their anti-cheat after 10 minutes of using google.
Spoiler: show
#1337hours Image
Dodge69

Postby SkymarshallHeff » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:55 pm

MACs can be changed or spoofed with incredible ease.
Steam: Skymarshall Heff (with a space)
SkymarshallHeff
Site Admin

Postby Altimor » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Their current ban method is little better than a MAC ban. IP ban is obvious, the hardware bans are almost as stupid because the code that generates and sends a hardware ID is in an easily decompiled .NET executable. You can just google hardware bans and a lot of the tools that come up will work on Hi-Rez's setup too.

APC's response about the ancient Hi-Rez secrets is complete bullshit anyways. The only T:A paycheat that's been decently popular was AimJunkies', and it was never detected (at least a search for "aimjunkies tribes ban" brings up no relevant results).
Altimor
newblood

Postby Dodge69 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Well fuck.
Is there any good methods?
Spoiler: show
#1337hours Image
Dodge69

Postby Martyw » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Karan can you recall any new installations/changes you've done on your PC before bans happened?
Martyw
sworn sword

Postby SANIC420 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Martyw wrote:Karan can you recall any new installations/changes you've done on your PC before bans happened?

7/11

Only Cheat Engine, and that's because I was told to by my Uni tutor

(lel)

My guess is that the LoRez anti-hack does jack shit apart from compare your installed programs to their blacklist (WOW SO SECRET, SO PRO). Though this would explain why the injectors have no trouble getting past the antihack, if they blacklist it you just use another 1 of the already 100000 injectors out there.
Even if Cheat Engine did set off the anti hack it still makes no sense as CE never even TOUCHED Tribes Ascend, so I don't know where this shitty ban is coming from.

No surprise though, if they don't even have the programming skill to stop a simple .dll injection then of course I'd expect them to resort to this sort of shitty tactic. Either that or they thought it'd be a good idea to have a 12 year to write the code for them.

Last night I gave it 1 last go after rebooting and turning off all my start up programs, made a new account, played a pub for 20 minutes and BAM got banned again lel

That aside, I got another email response to a support ticket I sent on the HiRez website,

"Be aware that Hi-Rez does not ban solely based on user reports without other supporting evidence and we human review all bans. After additional review of the evidence, we stand by the ban."

Translation:
Our antihack went ape shit and thinks you're TripWireV2 even though you haven't actually done anything. We can't be bothered to human review your ban and we have no evidence, but that's what you get for playing a dead game. Fuck you, banned!

SANIC420
newblood

Postby Simmo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:18 pm

When there was the big scandal about the Hirez Service being always-on wasn't it revealed that the service just scans your comp for installed hacks whether it affects the game or not? You got banned for having CheatEngine installed.

Also lel you go to UNSW? Hi5. I'm in 5th year though (and my final semester) and you're in 1st...
Simmo
sworn sword

Postby mcoot » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:24 pm

HiRezSomeFuckwit wrote:we human review all bans

Suuuure you do.

And Karan, if you reset your router and check you've got a new ip (i.e. go to http://www.whatismyip.com before and after, check it's changed), and then uninstall Cheat Engine, make an account and see if it gets banned.

If you still get banned then it's a hardware ID ban probably. I'm sure there's plenty of ways to fix that though :P

mcoot
ghost

Postby SANIC420 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Cheers for that mcoot I'll try that when my exam is over in a couple days,

On a side note I found this while googling : http://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments ... he_agreed/

"The Tribes/Smite/GA EULA states Hi-Rez has the right to monitor for blacklist software while the game is open. Evidence has shown that Hi-Rez monitors your computer for blacklist software even when Tribes/Smite/GA is closed, which violates the agreement in the EULA.Video Summary:

Video: https://vimeo.com/70404546

This video shows that running blacklist software while Smite is closed will ban your IP address from the Tribes/Smite/GA servers."

Well I think I finally got my answer, so this is why I got banned - for running a program. :monkey:

[EDIT]

Simmo wrote:When there was the big scandal about the Hirez Service being always-on wasn't it revealed that the service just scans your comp for installed hacks whether it affects the game or not? You got banned for having CheatEngine installed.

Also lel you go to UNSW? Hi5. I'm in 5th year though (and my final semester) and you're in 1st...

Yeah pretty much exactly what you said, hi5 tho
SANIC420
newblood

Postby westyy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Looks like you have all the "human" evidence here you require.

What would be funny but sad would be if the scanner only scans the name of programs rather than function.

"Oh mi, he has a programs dat has the word cheat in it, therefore he is cheating" ..ban
westyy

Next

Return to Tribes General

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts